The International Nannoplankton Association
Welcome to the INA. This is an association of scientists worldwide
who have an interest in living or fossil nannoplankton - including
coccolithophores, nannoliths, and other mineralising nannoplankton such
as silicoflagellates and calcispheres. The Association exists to
facilitate pure and applied study of nannoplankton and this site is
intended to assist in doing so.
This site was last updated, Oct. 2017 (major tidy-up and addition of menu bar)
Our Facebook page often has the news first!
- INA16, our latest conference, was held in
Athens, 25-28 Sept 2017 and was a great success. Please read the news from the meeting
- INASSET SUMMER SCHOOL our first summer school will take place in Lyon 1st-7th July 2018 pre-registration open
| THE ASSOCIATION
- INA17, our next conference will be held in Santos, Brazil in summer 2019 convened by Felipe Toledo.
- INA16, Athens - 25-28 Sept 2017 convenors Maria Triantaphyllou & Jeremy Young, abstracts, photos, more photos on facebook
- INA 15 Bohol, The Philippines -
March 7-16 2015, convenors Alyssa Peleo-Alampay and Alan Frenando news from the meeting, photos
- Conferences after 16 conferences we have quite a history, explore them here.
INA SUMMER SCHOOL
WORKSHOPS AND OTHER MEETINGS
||SOME INFORMATION ON NANNOPLANKTON
||SOME NANNOPLANKTON IMAGES
Image of the Day - (OK a few months). These are not statues from the Parthenon in Athens but Nannoconus funiculus, a remarkable new species described by Jackie Lees and Paul Bown in the latest issue of the JNR
(previous images - if you have a favourite coccolith image you would like featured here
please send it to me - Jeremy)
This page was written by Jeremy R. Young,