The International Nannoplankton Association
Welcome to the INA. This is an association of scientists worldwide
who have an interest in living or fossil nannoplankton - including
coccolithophores, nannoliths, and other mineralising nannoplankton such
as silicoflagellates and calcispheres. The Association exists to
facilitate pure and applied study of nannoplankton and this site is
intended to assist in doing so.
This site was last updated, Sept. 2018 (minor tidy-up and corrections)
Our Facebook page often has the news first!
- INA 17 - Santos, Brazil, 15-19 September 2019, see the website for more details.
- 2nd October 2018 TMS Nannofossil Workshop in Birmingham - all welcome, see flyer.
- 10-14 December 2018 Thematic Session at the AGU Fall Meting in Washington. Advances in understanding calcareous nannofossil response to climate change in modern and ancient oceans. Organised by Barbara Balestra, Jose-Abel Flores, Jean Self-Trail and Ric Jordan.
- Committee changes Karl-Heinz Baumann has taken over as membership secretary from Sebastian Meier and Rich Howe as editor from Jamie Shamrock. New contact details etc are given on the relevant pages.
| THE ASSOCIATION
- INA17, our next conference will be held in Santos, Brazil, 15-19th September 2019 convened by Felipe Toledo.
- INA16, Athens - 25-28 Sept 2017 convenors Maria Triantaphyllou & Jeremy Young, abstracts, photos, more photos on facebook
- INA 15 Bohol, The Philippines -
March 7-16 2015, convenors Alyssa Peleo-Alampay and Alan Frenando news from the meeting, photos
- Conferences after 16 conferences we have quite a history, explore them here.
INA SUMMER SCHOOL
WORKSHOPS AND OTHER MEETINGS
|| SOME INFORMATION ON NANNOPLANKTON
||SOME NANNOPLANKTON IMAGES
Image of the Day - (OK a few months). Training the next generation of nannofossil specialists - our first summer school was a fine event.
(previous images - if you have a favourite coccolith image you would like featured here
please send it to me - Jeremy)
This page was written by Jeremy R. Young,