biodiversity and ecology network - CODENET
CODENET was an EC TMR Research Network funded from 1998 to
2001. The site was developed as a resource for the project, and is
archived here as a guide to the research carried out - links to other websites are unlikely to still work. This page
index to the site
This site was Hosted by The Natural History Museum,
London it is now archived on the INA website
This site provides quite extensive details on the project, but most of
it is primarily intended for use by members of the project, so people
without an active research interest in the field may find it
less than useful.
- Summary - short
introduction for non-scientists
- Details - concise
overview for interested scientists (based on the CODENET poster)
- Participants - list of participants
with email addresses,
notes on the CODENET mailing list - or take a look at the lovely people
- Contact details - addresses, email and
for scientists-in-chief of each team
- Ways to participate - some ideas for how you could participate in the project
- Bibliography - publications from the project
- Final report - text, figures (downloadable PDFs)
- Deliverables (not in original proposal)
MEETINGS, CRUISES AND WORKSHOPS
- Feb 2002 - Coccolithophores from cellular processes to global impact, Feb 2002, Ascona, Switzerland
A post-project conference to develop results from CODENET, integrate
them in previous multidisciplinary studies of coccolithophores, and
present them to a wider audience.
- Aug 2001 - CODENET Final workshop, and party, Blagnac
- Feb 2001 - Barcelona post-docs workshop
- Sept-Oct 2000 - METEOR cruise M48-4, South Atlantic
- Sept 2000 - CODENET 3rd annual workshop, Bremen
- June 2000 - Blagnac publications workshop
- Jan 2000 - Network Mid Term Review, NHM London
- Oct 1999 - MATER cruise (W. Mediterranean)
- Nov 1999 - Japan trip
- Oct 1999 - Amsterdam taxonomy workshop
- Sept 1999 - CODENET 2nd annual workshop, Blagnac
- July 1999 - Icelandic fieldwork
- June 1999 CODENET II Cruise off Lisbon
- March 1999 - Texel Spring workshop
- March 1999 - Bremen C. pelagicus workshop
- Feb 1999 - Caen culture workshop
- Nov 1998 - Meteor CANIGO cruise M42/4b
- Oct 1998 - ETHZ nanno short courses
- Sept 1998 - CODENET 1st annual workshop, Blagnac
- June-July 1998 - ETHZ geological sample preparation workshops
SCIENCE, DOCUMENTS AND GRAPHICS
- COCCOBIOM - NIH Image macros for work with digital images of coccoliths.
- CODENET Poster large (14Mb) poster on the project, prepared by M. Geisen for Mid-Term review (Jan 2000)
- Filtration techniques notes from ETH on collecting filter samples of nannoplankton.
- SMS technique description of a spraying technique for preparation of uniform strew slides of nannofossils for quantitative analysis.
EXTENDED OVERVIEW of the project, from the original proposal
GRAPHICS (mostly also accessed via other pages)
PHOTO ALBUM - PROJECT PARTICIPANTS ON CRUISES AND AT WORKSHOPS
Use Syracosphaera button to return to this index page.
A FEW ESSENTIAL LINKS
Chateau de Blagnac - our favourite workshop venue now has its own website.
EHUX - Toby
site reviewing many aspects of Emiliania huxleyi, an excellent general introduction to coccolithophorids.
EWHALE - Markus' favourite site, describing suitable treatment for plankton eaters
- the International Nannoplankton Association site, useful
information, and links to other sites dealing with nannos.
home pages for the TMR program on the CORDIS site. Includes full
information on the TMR
networks, downloadable model contracts etc.
Home pages for the core participant teams
Links to home pages of individuals are given on the participants page
This page was written by Jeremy Young (firstname.lastname@example.org), feedback welcome
THE CODENET PAGES ARE HOSTED BY THE
NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM, LONDON