A Guide to Extant Coccolithophore Taxonomy
JNR Special Issue 1, 2003, 125pp, 53 plates, A4 format
are one of the main groups of phytoplankton and have been the subject
of intensive multidisciplinary study, particularly as a result of the
European projects EHUX, GEM and CODENET.
The Guide to Extant
Coccolithophore Taxonomy is a comprehensive and authoritative synthesis
of current knowledge on the taxonomy of modern coccolithophores. The
guide was produced as one outcome of the CODENET project with the
objective of enabling any interested workers to rapidly learn
- Jeremy R. Young (NHM London)
- Markus Geisen (NHM London, AWI Bremerhaven)
- Lluisa Cros (CSIC-ICM, Barcelona)
- Annelies Kleijne (VU Amsterdam)
- Claudia Sprengel (U. Bremen, AWI Bremerhaven)
- Ian Probert (Algobank U. Caen)
- Jette Østergaard (U. Copenhagen)
Features of the guide:
- Comprehensive coverage - the guide includes both all formally described species and numerous additional informally recognised morphotypes.
- Extensive illustration - most species are illustrated by at least two high quality SEMs
- Text opposite plates - all species notes are placed opposite the plates illustrating them, and identifications are also given on the plates.
- Authoritative identifications
- the guide has been produced and reviewed by leading experts in
coccolithophore taxonomy and is as nearly authoritative as is possible
(we argued over almost everything).
- Extensive indexing - the guide includes both a conventional index and a graphical overview.
BUT YOU CAN DOWNLOAD A PDF COPY FROM HERE - AND ALL IMAGES ARE NOW ON THE NANNOTAX WEBSITE
OUT OF PRINT - SORRY BUT WE HAVE NOW SOLD THE LAST COPIES