Nannotax3 - nannofossil database
- Nannotax3 - interactive database of nannofossil taxa (>2000 taxa, >20,000 images)
Toby Tyrrell's EHUX site
Reviews of many aspects of Emiliania huxleyi, the best known of all extant coccolithophorids, including:
The IODP site
This site is well worth visiting for the large collection of colour light micrographs.
- Biostratigraphic and database software developed for use with nannos,
including some free downloads
- SEM gallery - beautiful SEMs of exceptionally preserved Cretaceous nannofossils from the Niobrara Fm.
The CODENET site
- CODENET - archived details of the EC TMR project "Coccolithophorid evolutionary biodiversity and ecology network"
- Publications - a summary listing of the >100 books, papers, and research theses that resulted from the CODENET project.
- Roscoff Culture Collection - the CODENET culture collection is now part of the Roscoff collection, which is the largest collection of coccolithophore strains anywhere.
A few other especially relevant sites