INA SUMMER SCHOOL on EVOLUTION and TAXONOMY
INASSET 2018 - Cenozoic Nannofossils
Lyon July 1st – July 7th
Laboratoire de Géologie de Lyon, Université Lyon 1, France
A 5 day programme of lectures and practical classes with a strong taxonomic focus including extensive microscope lab sessions. A grounding in Cenozoic nannofossil research will be provided through lectures on their crystallography, microscopy, image capture, and use of informatics resources such as the Nannotax website. We will then review the current nannofossil biozonal schemes, discuss their usefulness for biostratigraphical applications, and present case studies examining the geological evolution of these microfossils. A geological excursion on the 6th day will be held in the Ardèche Region.
This summer school is primarily intended for research students (Masters or PhD level), and early career-stage industrial biostratigraphers interested in nannofossil micropalaeontology, and its applications in biostratigraphy, and palaeoceanography.
Pre-Registration :: First Announcement Poster
- Emanuela Mattioli
- Giuliana Villa
- Jeremy Young
- Matt Hampton
- Claudia Agnini University of Padova (Italy)
- Luc Beaufort Cerege, Aix en Provence (Fr)
- Jorge Ferreira University of Lisbon (Portugal)
- Eric de Kaenel DPR Mont-sur-Rolle (Switzerland)
- Emanuela Mattioli University of Lyon (France)
- Simonetta Monechi University of Florence (Italy)
- Isabella Raffi University of Chieti (Italy)
- Baptiste Suchéras Cerege, Aix en Provence (Fr)
- Jean Self Trail U.S. Geological Survey Reston VA (USA)
- Giuliana Villa University of Parma (Italy)
- Jeremy Young University College of London (UK)
Max number of participants: 16 - if the course is oversubscribed we may need to select participants.
Deadline for registration: May 5th, 2018
Registration fees: Early registration (registration and payment before April 7 2018): 500 Euro
Late registration (after April 7): 600 Euro
The fee includes: lectures (5-day course), icebreaker party, coffee breaks, lunches, social dinner, excursion.
If you are interested please complete the pre-registration form, even if you are not certain of being able to attend.
For further communication please contact email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org